Your laminate flooring is highly durable and made to look like new for many years with little maintenance. By following some simple cleaning and maintenance tips, you will ensure that the beauty of your laminate will last as long as possible.
Be sure to get instructions from your Abbey expert or the manufacturer on the first cleaning after installation. You may need to wait 48 hours or more before cleaning.
- As with all floorings, it is best to place mats at entryways to stop dirt, sand, and oil from being tracked onto your floor. Rocks and dirt can scratch and dull your laminate over time.
- Vacuum regularly or use a dry dust mop.
- A damp mop can be used if needed. Don't use a wet mop and never let water stand on a laminate floor. Water can seep into the flooring causing warping, swelling and joint separation.
- Never use an abrasive cleanser or steel wool.
- Never wax or polish a laminate floor.
- Clean spills immediately. Don't allow liquids to stand on the floor.
- Put easy-glide protectors on the feet of your furniture. When moving heavy furniture, be sure to lift it off the floor to avoid scratches.
- Keep your pet's nails trimmed to avoid scratches.
- If your laminate get scratched, you may be able to buy a touch-up stick from the manufacturer.